Comparison of online pharmacies by Drug: Generic Prednisolone
What is Prednisolone
Prednisolone has a pronounced anti-inflammatory effect and belongs to the group of corticosteroids. It reduces inflammation without eliminating the cause of its occurrence and that is why it is used in the treatment of a wide range of diseases.
Contraindications of Prednisolone
Contraindications for this drug:
- systemic fungal infections — can aggravate the infection;
- hypersensitivity to the components of the drug.
- peptic ulcers
- diabetes and hypertension
- other infections
Please note that pregnant women and women of childbearing age are prescribed this drug only in extreme cases and only if the potential benefits of treatment outweigh the possible negative effects.
It is believed that a woman is allowed to breastfeed if the daily dose of Prednisolone does not exceed 5 mg. Such a dose does not cause any adverse effects in infants. Greater doses can cause impairment of adrenal gland function in infants and there can be a risk of growth inhibition.
Special Considerations of Prednisolone
People taking the drug should know the following points:
- sudden withdrawal of this drug leads to dysfunction of the adrenal glands;
- it masks the symptoms of infectious diseases. People coming from tropical countries or patients with dysentery should get tested for amoebiasis before starting taking the medicine;
- a long course of treatment can cause development of cataracts, glaucoma;
- high doses cause an increase in blood pressure, retention of water and sodium in the body. At the same potassium and calcium are actively excreted from the body. Therefore it is necessary to follow a specific diet (limited amount of sodium, increased amount of potassium and calcium);
- stopping the treatment after a long course can lead to development of withdrawal symptoms. Acetylsalicylic acid and other NSAIDs are prescribed for treatment in such cases;
- use of this drug can result in mental disorders (insomnia and euphoria, sudden mood swings and depression) etc.
After getting acquainted with all the aspects of Prednisolone use, you can safely order it online.
Indications of Prednisolone
The medicine reduces inflammation without affecting its causes. It slows down accumulation of leukocytes, macrophages and other cells at the site of inflammation. That is why it is used for the treatment of following:
- endocrine disorders;
- severe allergic reactions that do not respond to other methods of treatment;
- connective tissue disorders;
- dermatological diseases;
- diseases of the gastrointestinal tract;
- hematological diseases;
- liver disorders;
- hypercalcemia due to malignancy or sarcoidosis;
- joint problems (rheumatic);
- oncological diseases;
- neurotic disorders;
- diseases of eye and mouth;
- diseases of respiratory system and rheumatic fever.
How to take Prednisolone
The dose of the drug is determined based on the characteristics of the disease. It is recommended to take the drug once a day preferably in the mornings.
Once the effect is achieved, it is necessary to reduce the dose of medication. The dose should be reduced gradually before completely stopping taking the medicine.
The daily dose for an adult can range from 5 to 60 mg.
Side effects of Prednisolone
The drug has a long list of side effects:
- fluid and electrolyte imbalance;
- disorders of the musculoskeletal system;
- problems with the digestive system, the central nervous system and the endocrine system;
- vision impairment, psychiatric problems, metabolism disorders and many more.
All the effects of Prednisolone must be carefully considered before using the drug.